Announcing OPCDE – Call for Papers
Fellow security researchers and hackers we’re officially accepting talk submissions for OPCDE 2019 coming up on April 19-20, 2019 in Dubai, United Arab Emirates at Dubai Future Accelerator, Emirates Towers.
Back for a third edition in UAE, OPCDE invites our world-wide community to come up on stage to share their insights, experience and latest research on cyber-security. This third edition will focus on defense!
OPCDE is a hardcore technical security event organized by Comae Technologies focusing on technical content. Any commercial presentation will be rejected; 100% technical and 0% sponsored talks.
We hope that OPCDE will help regional growth and understanding in the field of cyber-security and inspire a new generation to pursue a career in technology.
Mark your calendars: the deadline for submitting proposals via the CFP page is Midnight PST on January 7, 2019.
What we are looking for:
OPCDE is all about quality and research. We believe the UAE needs a place for security researchers and hackers to present their research on cyber-security.
OPCDE will be a purely technically focused event and we encourage highly technical presentations.
We have opted for a single track format for the event, as we believe that every selected talk deserves the full attention of the entire audience. Therefore OPCDE will run over 2 single track days with some seriously disruptive food for thought for security enthusiasts.
Speakers will be entitled to the following privileges:
– Reimbursement of air-ticket for one person up to a maximum amount of USD $1000 (International Speakers)
– 3 nights accommodation (International Speakers)
Presentation format: 45 minutes + 10 minutes
All submissions must be in English via the CFP page of OPCDE website.
Selected talks will be communicated within two weeks of the deadline of the CFP.
Topics of Interests
– Defense! But technical stuff, no one is interested by output generated by tools you are not the author of.
– Hardware Security. If you have some innovative side channel talk, they are more than welcome!
And the usual suspect:
– Reverse Engineering, Exploitation (Offense & Defense), Application Security, Network Security, Hardware Security, Automation (Machine Learning etc.) that includes but not limited to:
– Threats against Banks, financial institutions
– Critical infrastructure protection
– Internet of Things (Self-driving cars, Smart homes and smart devices, Autonomous drones, Smart cities etc.)
– Mobile Devices, Desktops, Servers
– Blockchain Security was interesting in 2017 and 2018. It’s not anymore. You are welcome to surprise us though.
– Theoretical AI. We know it’s a trendy buzzword, but think twice about the value of your proposal.
– Bug bounties and talks about XSS or DoS stuff.
– Non technical talks, and sales pitches.
Keep this in mind too:
A few years ago I lamented that on now sees BH presentations that would have been a good bugtraq post in ancient days. Today I read more than one full-blown paper that fit the bill.
— halvarflake (@halvarflake) January 1, 2019
General & sponsorship inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
By agreeing to speak at the OPCDE 2019 you are granting the Organiser of OPCDE the rights to reproduce, distribute, advertise and show your presentation including but not limited to http://emirates.opcde.com, printed and/or electronic advertisements, and all other mediums.
Ready for a more defense focused edition?